Light of Hope Ltd. invites applications for the position of Project Manager/Coordinator for immediate appointment in Sisimpur’s Outreach activities of ‘Dream, Save, Do (DSD): Financial Empowerment for Families’ project. Under the project, Light of Hope will organize sessions with audio-visual and print contents in 50 schools and 50 communities, organize training for teachers, kid mentors, community mentors, organize various event and day celebration. The project will reach 16000 children and 8000 parents in schools and communities. The age group of the children is 3-8 years old.
To know more about Light of Hope, visit: www.lightofhopebd.org
To know more about Sisimpur, visit: http://sisimpur.org.bd/
Position: Project officer
Total Position Number: 10
For the Project Officer position, we are looking for young, self-motivated and hardworking individuals who want to work with children. Being a Sisimpur and Sesame Street Fan is an added advantage. The individual who wants to apply should have good communication skill with different types of audience (children, parents in community, teachers etc.)
The specific responsibilities for the Project Officer are:
- Responsible to ensure the overall smooth implementation of the project activities in the field as per plan
- Ensuring the effective and efficient deployment of classroom/session support
- Co-ordinate and follow up the progress of the project with Field Supervisor.
- Deliver the contents to the targeted audience (children and parents in schools and communities) as instructed and described in the guideline.
- Manage and guide children to learn things individually and group wise.
- Encouraging kids to think and talk about their learning, develop self-control and independence, concentrate and persevere, and listen attentively.
- Supporting the Program & Monitoring Officer in all aspects of the programme implementation and development as requested.
- Actively assist and participate in project events.
- Undertake other program administration tasks as and when necessary
- Reporting on project activities and expenditure according to project timeframes
- Prepare of weekly and monthly progress reports.
- Report to field supervisor any of changes which impact to the project implementation.
- Quick learner
- Ability to work under tight deadline and pressure
- Good verbal and written communication skill
- Sound computer skill on MS Word, Excel
- 1-2 years of experience working in the field level in development project will be given priority. Working with children and slum community will be given priority. Fresh graduates with necessary skills are highly encouraged to apply.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree.
- Willing to work with children (3-10 years old) at schools, teachers and community members (especially parents in slums and other areas)
- Willing to deal with challenges and frequently travel around Dhaka.
- Job may require to work in the evening in communities to organize sessions.
- Willing to get ride on motorbike
Contractual up to November 2018. Based on the performance, the duration will be extended.
Usually from 9 AM – 6 PM. Occasionally there will be sessions in the evening also.
BDT 20,000-22,000 monthly
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Email Title: DSD Project – Project Officer
Job requirements are broadly mentioned against position. Only deserving candidates are requested to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for the recruitment tests.
Application Deadline: March 20, 2018