Today is the International Teacher’s Day 2020. Today we are going to share some of our commitments for the teachers of Bangladesh.
Our commitments include 3 main components:
- Preparing the existing teachers with the necessary skills
- Preparing the upcoming teachers into the education system
- Helping current and future teachers with a better career opportunity
In the last 3 years, we worked with numerous teachers and provided skill development training to 10,000+ teachers online and offline almost from every district of Bangladesh. Our understanding is that these 3 components are the most important factors for the teacher community. We need to make sure they have better career, they have better living standards just like other professions. In order to do that, we have to make sure our teacher community is better equipped with the necessary skills for the future.
The theme of this year’s International Teacher Day is “Teachers: Leading in crisis, reimagining the future”. We don’t want to just celebrate the day with words and images. We want to commit ourselves to support the few million teachers, educators, caregivers who are holding the key to prepare our children for the future.
During COVID-19, we have provided online training by the best faculties, trainers and instructors of the country for teachers and parents. A total of half a million parents, teachers and educators in Bangladesh so far taken part in these online sessions.
We are now preparing for the post-COVID-19 time and working on to support our teacher communities more effectively to develop their skill, and to help them for a better career. On the International Teacher’s Day 2020, we are announcing our Teachers Time Academy with a new mission. These are the key announcements from us:
- Light of Hope is launching Teachers Time Academy – a learning institute to educate young parents and support education professionals – teachers, caregivers, educational institution and organization professionals.
- Teachers Time Academy is going to provide 4-level of certificate courses (Entry level, on-job training, 21st century skill, leadership training) to 8 different categories of education professionals. They are: Daycare service providers, Pre-school teachers, Kindergarten/Primary-level teachers, High-school teachers, Nanny and caregiver, Special education professionals, Professionals in NGO/Educational Organizations/Government.
- Teachers Time Academy is going to provide affiliated certification to the trainees in collaboration with reputed organizations like ICHD, TESOL, TDI etc. This certification will help them to get new job, help to grow their career and get into leadership roles.
- Light of Hope is bringing some of the best academicians, faculties, and trainers in the area of ECD, Teacher Training, Educational Professional development. Teachers from across the country will have the access to learn from the best resources through the online platform that we are building.
- Light of Hope is also working with schools, pre-school, kindergarten, daycare, special schools and organizations to ensure job placement for the trainees who will receive training from the platform.
This year’s theme is – Teachers: Leading in crisis, reimagining the future. In the last few months we have seen that a lot of teacher leaders who stood up to the crisis and doing everything they can with their limited resources. We believe, our biggest contribution to this crisis and to reimagine the future is to support our teachers to prepare them for that future.
We thank to all our partners, individuals, numerous teachers who have been the integral part of our journey. It is you for whom we are able take such bold decision. We are working very hard with our partners for last couple of months to make it a reality.
Let’s support each other during this crisis time so that we can flourish together to reimagine the future that you as teachers dreamt about.
Happy International Teacher’s Day.